My Photo
Name:
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska, United States

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Well it has been a week since we withdrew T from school. It's quite a liberating feeling, to be honest. No more worries about who from the school might contact me today, what T's mood will be when he arrives home, staying up way too late to listen to all of T's concerns and worries about the upcoming day and past school days. Even though I'm sure we will have our good days and bad with homeschooling, there is already a more relaxed atmosphere in the house. While walking Jazzie this afternoon, T thanked me for homeschooling him. He's generally been quiet about the whole affair. I'm not sure if he is having any misgivings about it or not. It is still early, however. Hopefully we will all remain happy with this decision.

We picked up the Star Wars Episode III soundtrack at WalMart today, along with "Cinderella Man" and the second volume of "Clone Wars." As soon as we got home, T was up in his bedroom and you could hear Star Wars blaring from his CD player. He knows exactly where each piece of music is in the movie and can rattle off large chunks of dialog to correspond with the music. He's definitely inherited J's knack for memorizing movie lines! T was so excited to see that "Clone Wars Vol 2" had been released; he's been anxiously looking for it for months. One of the special features of "Clone Wars" was an animated short entitled "Revenge of the Brick," that involved Legos Star Wars. It was quite hilarious.

This evening T played Neopets while listening to his new music. He's really learning his way around the computer and has shown me a few tricks. I saw him this evening use the "search" function on the neopets site to find a game he was looking for.

Right now he's doing double reading "duty"....reading "Batman Begins" (for a second time) while listening to "Harry Potter."

I'm reading a new book "Parenting a Free Child: An Unschooled Life" which has been incredibly hard to put down. I'm bouncing back and forth between watching "Cinderella Man" or finishing my book tonight!

I decided to watch "Cinderella Man" and although it kept my attention, I turned it off after about 30 minutes...I was just too tired to stay up all night! Plus, poor T came wandering down the stairs at around midnight. So we headed upstairs and told him he could mess about his room for awhile before trying to get back to sleep. He listened to "Harry Potter" while making up scenes with his clone troopers. He then went to photographing the scenes and taking very short movies, complete with music and sound effects. I'm sure he'll be thrilled with the camcorder he is going to get for Christmas. We both ended up crawling into bed at about 1AM. A very late night for the both of us.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello matеs, hoω is thе whole thіng, anԁ what
you desire to say on thе topic оf thіs aгticle, in my vіeω its really amazing deѕignеd fоr mе.



Feеl free to surf to my website: boom trucks
my website > boom trucks for sale

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site. Studying this information So i am happy to convey that I'vе an incredіblу good uncanny feeling I came upоn exactly what I needed.
I so much undoubtedly ωill makе certain to
dο not οmit this wеbsite and
ρrovides іt a glance гegulаrly.


My web-site :: Irving Tx

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home