My Photo
Name:
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska, United States

Monday, December 05, 2005

We are just a few weeks away from the winter solstice, and it sure does make getting up in the morning difficult! I had to drag myself out of bed at 8AM, and everytime I walked past my bedroom the pillows and comforter beckoned. It would be so easy to just sleep the entire winter away!

T spent the morning watching some of "Batman Begins" and playing around on the Neopet website. After lunch we headed out to buy tickets for some of the performances that are happening this month -- "The Nutcracker" and "A Thousand Cranes." T saw "The Nutcracker" a few years ago with his first grade class and has mentioned that he'd like to see it again. Believe it or not, I've never even seen it so it will be a new experience for me. "A Thousand Cranes" seems a bit deep for the Christmas season, but it is considered children's theater so we shall see. I've heard great things about the local theater troops.

We then went and poked around the new Petco that opened a few weeks ago, and we ended up walking out with two hermit crabs (yes, I know...BAD MOM!!). T took great care to get their new home set up and made sure they settled in well.

The rest of T's afternoon was spent playing Neopets, and it seems he's become quite the proficient card player. He's been playing a game called "Cheat" (known to adults as the cardgame "BS"). Don't know if it's good he can beat folks at this game or not! LOL He also played with his megablocks while listening to "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince."

This evening we watched "The Mummy Returns." Kind of a mindless movie, but after watching three hours of DaVinci last night I think we could afford it. ;o) T recently read the adult novel of the movie and spent much of the time telling me what was coming up and how the movie differed from the book. Nothing escapes this kid!

I spent some time today comparing various math curriculums. It was enough to make my head spin! I feel like I need to rush and have some ready to teach T, but I also don't want to push anything on him right now. I think all the other "subjects" will come naturally, through just following T's interests. He has so many, that I know we can easily incorporate so many subjects into a single topic. Math, however, does concern me a bit, especially if he/we decide to put him back into school next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home